Friday, November 8, 2013

Book reviews





For me, writing book reviews is something that I love to do and something that I hate to do all at the same time.

I love talking about books.  I love sharing what I think of the ones I've read, especially if its one that has consumed my time because I just couldn't put it down.  I love passing on my knowledge and recommending books to people for them to enjoy (and I also like when people recommend books to me).  I especially like being able to help Indie and Self-published authors get themselves out there - some just don't get the credit and readers that they so very much deserve.

I  hate it because it's really not as easy as it looks - finding the words to express what you think of the book without giving away too much, especially if it's one that you love, is not easy.  I hate it because it is very hard for me to keep my mouth shut - and sometimes I just want to yell at the author for what they have put on paper, for thinking that readers can be easily appeased, for taking shortcuts, for not making their book live up to the potential that it has.

There are times when I feel that I have just not given the book justice.

No comments: