Wednesday, November 20, 2013

REVIEW: Don't Need No Water

Don't Need No Water
By: Evans Light

Genre: Short story, Horror
Year published: 2013 
Pages: 34

Date read: 11/17/2013

Summary: When his beloved Sissy ends up dead after being taken in for a misdemeanor, Iverson doesn't believe for a minute that she committed suicide.  After he and his brothers learn the harsh truth about what really happened, what the Sheriff and his friends did to her, they set out to make the whole town pay for their sins - and nothing but the truth can stop the flames of hell that burn in the wake of their brutal vengeance.

My thoughts

I was super excited when I got a message from Evans that included a preview edition of this, his latest story.  Within minutes, I had it downloaded, on my Kindle and even put the movie that I was watching at the time on pause - that was how much I NEEDED to read it and read it right away.

To say that I was impressed by the book is an extreme understatement.  He has such a way with words and descriptions - as if you can close your eyes and see the setting and characters right there in your mind.  The build up is always great and the endings completely unexpected.  This is BY FAR one of my favorites.

When I read the description, I completely understood where the main character (Iverson) was coming from - if someone had hurt someone I loved like this, I would be hunting some people and hurting them too.  The extreme that he went to was intense and very well-written.  The end!!  Oh.my.God!!  I definitely didn't expect that coming.

Favorite line: "That's how you show the ones you love that you care about them, by being considerate like that."

Definitely a must read.  Have you read it?  What do you think?

No comments: