Saturday, December 7, 2013

REVIEW: A Christmas Tale

A Christmas Tale
By Travis Hill

Genre: Christmas, Horror
Year published: 2013
Pages:25

Date read: 12/5/2013

Recommended to: People who love horror stories (and people who really hate their kids - great bedtime story haha)

Summary: He knows if you've been bad or good ...

The three Devlin boys are in trouble and this year they might make it onto Santa's "naughty" list.

My thoughts

I don't care what anyone else says - I loved this story!!  Oh.my.God.  It was awesome.  Totally NOT where I expected it to go, especially the very end, and definitely not a story I would read to kids or anything, even though I think maybe some of these bad kids should hear it.  But definitely a story that, as a grown adult and someone who loves horror stories, I appreciated.  It's actually one of the best short stories I've ever read - even though I'm not so sure I want Santa visiting my house again.ever. (haha)

A note for those of y'all that were shocked by this book: 1) The genre clearly says horror 2) If you take a chance to look at the cover art, there is blood coming out of that gift box and obvious blood splatter across the title.  Just wanted to point that out.

For those of y'all who are interested in finding out more: It is currently free on Amazon :)

No comments: