I totally just got interviewed by a 13 year old. I love this kid haha.
Ze kid: So...I need to interview someone for school.
Me: That sounds fun. Who are you going to interview?
Ze kid: You!
Me: *laughing* Why me?
Ze kid: Cause you're the coolest adult. Ever.
Haha how can I say no to that?
She walks over to the bench I have on my porch, sits down and invites me to join her in her office. (See why I love this kid?) She then pulls out a piece of paper she has folded in her pocket - and asks me if she can borrow a pen.
I just have to share.
1. Do you remember how we met? Sure do. We were at the pool and you were there too.
2. What do you think of me? I think you're a pretty cool little kid. If I didn't, when you knock on my door, I would pretend I'm not at home. (She laughed, then got this look on her face. Guess some of the other kids have told her that I'm never home haha.)
3. Do you have any sisters or brothers? Yup. One sister. Are you the oldest or youngest? Oldest. Do you like being a big sister? It has its good moments and not so good moments.
4. What was your favorite thing about school? English class. What was your least favorite thing? Math class. I'm dyslexic, especially so with numbers, so math was never much fun for me.
5. What is your job? I'm a personal assistant to three Pediatric Occupational Therapists. Do you like your job? Yeah, it's fun.
6. What is your dream job? To own an Inn with a small bakery attached. You think you'll ever do that? Yup. One of these days. Would you hire me? Totally!!
7. What's the worst nightmare you've ever had? One of my nieces was with me and the other one had been kidnapped. The one with me kept telling me that her sister was being hurt. It felt so real that I went into their room when I woke up to make sure they were both still there.
8. Have you ever kissed a boy? Um...yes. Why? Do you know a boy you want to kiss now? Sure do. Do you...? I'm not answering any more kissing questions, silly. (She laughed.)
9. What is your favorite color? Blue.
10. You're still a vegetarian, right? Yup. Does it suck being one? Haha no. What is your favorite fruit? Apples, watermelon, passion fruit, mangoes. What is your favorite vegetable? Cucumbers, artichokes and brussel sprouts.
11. What is your favorite TV show? Once Upon a Time and Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. Among others.
12. What is your favorite food? Macaroni and cheese. And peanut butter. No, not mixed together. (She laughed, then went "Ewww!!" haha.)
13. What is your favorite animal? Flamingos and ring-tail lemurs, not in any particular order. I knew you were going to say that. Do you like any other animals? Yup. (She just sat there looking at me all stupid haha before finally asking the next question.) What ARE those other animals? Ducks, elephants and white tigers.
14. What is your favorite band? Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem.
15. What is your favorite movie? Do I have to pick just one? No. You can pick more than one. What's the first couple that come to your head? Boondock Saints, Napoleon Dynamite, Little Miss Sunshine, Fanboys, Snatch.
16. What is your favorite thing to do? Read and write. Are you still working on writing that book? Yup.
17. What is your favorite game? Monopoly. But no one plays it with me. That's why I have it on my iPad, laptop, phone and wii. Apparently I'm pure evil haha.
18. One more question - Do you have any children? No. Not yet. I have twin nieces. Does that count? I remember them. They were so much fun to be around. I thought you were there mom that first summer. Then I guess they do count. (We both smiled.) Do you want to have children? Yes, I'd like to. Good. I think you'd make a great mom. (Awwww!!)