Wednesday, January 29, 2014

REVIEW: Chronicles of a Clocksmith

Chronicles of a Clocksmith
By: M Doerner-Miller

Genre: Fantasy & Magic, YA
Publication date: 1.10.2014
Pages: 179

Date read: 1.28.2014
Recommended by: Read 2 Review

Summary: One day, a bored little boy finds himself inside an old clock store. And while the boy is generally uninterested in most of the old and dusty clocks within the store, one particular clock strikes up his curiosity. And then everything changes for this bored little boy.

Transported into a wonderful world of mystery and magic - this average little boy soon learns why he just might not be so average after all.


My thoughts

I really enjoyed this book.  The writing was almost poetic and I loved the way the people spoke in rhyme and how the description of certain things and places were used multiple times throughout the story - every time it would make me smile.  The characters were nicely described and I really became interested in what happened to them.  It was a fun book that kept me interested the whole time, from beginning to end.

(As an adult, the ending of "the bad guy" was a little too easy, but for children, I'm sure it will be just perfect.  I can't wait to share it with the younger generations.  In fact, it will be soon because I'm having a Parents-Night-Out at my house soon with a couple of my friends' kids.  I'll have to remember to update this review with their opinions. :D)


Favorite character: Enu and the girl Briggle fell in love with (I can't, for the life of me, remember her name).

Favorite line: "I am young, but have wronged old.  I have given, but have also stole.  I can be warm but also cold.  I am no hero, no warrior bold.  But I'll strive for betterment, 'til my soul is tolled."  (Really makes ya think, doesn't it?)

No comments: