Friday, January 24, 2014

REVIEW: Crawl

Crawl
By Edward Lorn

Genre: Horror
Publication date: ARC
Pages: 50

Date read: 1.14.2014
Recommended by: Read 2 Review

Summary: 
You’re out in the middle of nowhere.

You’ve been crippled and left for dead.

There’s something in the woods.

It’s coming.

There’s only one thing you can do…

CRAWL


My thoughts

It all began with his reveal of the cover on BookLikes.  I was immediately intrigued, which became even more intense when I read the description.  :O  When he posted that he was looking for a couple of people to tell him if the story was crap or not, I couldn't message him fast enough.  I mean, I have already read one of his books and LOVED it and I'm currently listening to the audio of another, loving that also.  How could I not be super psyched to check out another something of his, especially before the masses get a chance?

I read somewhere once that you know they're an amazing author when you're willing to read ANYTHING that they put out, anything they write, including their grocery list.  When it comes to Indie/Self-published authors, I have so far come across four - and E is one of them (all four made it to my Top Four of 2013 list).

This story is a prime example of one of the things I love so much about his writing - the twists and turns out of nowhere. Stories are never what they originally seem with him. And he packed so much goodness into this story.

Her inner dialogue is awesome. I think, under similar circumstances, I may have gone a little off the deep end as well and I hope my inner dialogue is as entertaining as hers in the end. (He had a star held hostage over on BookLikes and I completely agree - I want more stories with this character.)

And, as usual, the beautiful endings (and by beautiful, I do not mean  all happy with unicorns and glitter and snowflakes, but then if you are a fan of E, you already know this) that I expect from him.


Favorite line: "If the devil was a redneck who lived in the woods, was God a rapper living in Bankhead? Made sense, didn't it? That God was a celebrity and Satan was a backwoods hermit. No one minded either until someone gave either a reality show. Then you found yourself watching Duck Dynasty and the Kardashians, Honey Boo Boo and World's Dumbest Criminals: Holy Fucks Edition." 

No comments: