Thursday, January 16, 2014

Random thought that occurred to me


Readers - real readers, the kind that go from one book to another getting lost in different worlds, different characters, the kind that can think of very few things better than getting comfortable in their favorite spot reading something that pulls them in, that immerses them in an adventure that will never be forgotten - will understand the "wisdom" that I'm about to share with you.

Books, like people, upon entering your life, will change you forever.  A character, a line, an event - an overwhelming emotion that completely encompasses you - will give you an idea, will mold you, will fix you, will change your life forever.  

Every book that I've read - whether I've loved it or loathed it - has connected with me in some way.  I thank God (and the authors) for each and every one of them, thank them for the great pleasure that they have brought me.

No comments: