Friday, January 24, 2014

REVIEW: Shadow Spinner: Collection 3: The Garden

Shadow Spinner: Collection 3: The Garden
By: Andrew Leon

Genre: Dark Fantasy, YA
Publication date: 11.26.2013
Pages: 69

Date read: 1.22.2014
Recommended by: Andrew himself :)

Summary: Tiberius has always thought of himself as a normal 10-year-old boy. Maybe he's a little smarter than everyone else, but that's still normal. He's scared of shadows, but everyone's scared of something, right? His mother's completely paranoid and called the cops the one time, just one time, he went over to a friend's house after school, but, still, he's normal even if his mother is not. At least, that's what he thinks until the day his mother finally decides to tell him about his father, and she tells him things that convince him that one of them is crazy, and he's pretty sure it's not him. That is until the Man with No Eyes shows up and his father falls out of the sky.

Michael and Tib have entered The Garden, the Center of... Creation? The Universe? Tib isn't sure, but it isn't like anywhere he's ever been before.


My thoughts

I read the first collection and really liked it.  I was given the second collection by the author for an r2r and LOVED it.  I've been looking forward to reading this - the NEED to find out what happens - but, as often happens with life, I kept having to put off sitting down with it.  When I found out that collection 4 will be out (like SOON!), I decided I needed to find the time.

I'm glad I did.  What a great story this has turned into.  The garden, light, dark, the forbidden fruit, the serpent, the tree of life ... everything is coming together nicely and we're starting to see where the story is going.  That, plus a couple of appearances by the Man with No Eyes, an angel, some little creatures Tib isn't quite sure of and, as usual with fathers, the unanswered questions ... I can't wait to see what happens next. :)

No comments: