Monday, February 10, 2014

Bingo Reading Challenges

I love challenges of any kind.  They give me something to look forward to each day, plus a goal (I always make a prize to strive for) to compete (with myself) for.

I have challenged myself to read 100 books this year and, as of right now, I have finished 52 books (2 still need to be reviewed) - to say I am proud of myself is an understatement.  (I would love to see how many I can read over 100 by the end of this year.)

At the beginning of January, I saw several posts of a Reading Bingo over on BookLikes (they can both be found at link).  They both totally caught my eye and I kept thinking about them and thinking about them, but the other day a friend of mine over there re-posted it again and I knew that I had to give it a try.  I printed them out, but - since I have a hard time doing anything "easy" - I've decided to not do one line, but cover each board.  (I did make a change - I took the YA off the top so that all of the books that I read from many genres can be used instead of just one genre, which is what I took YA at the top to mean.)  The goal - each board finished gets me one book.  Funny, huh?  I mean, I'm always buying books.  But I tend to keep myself beneath a certain price, but each board will earn me a book I've been looking forward to up to $10 :)



I'm not the only one taking this challenge.  I am proud to say that there are two young boys, both of whom have autism (they have become very good friends with my mother) who will also be taking this challenge (I made them a board that combines some of the choices from each of these).  For each full line they complete (either across, down or diagonally), I will purchase them a book $3 or less.  I can't wait to see how far they get into this. (Good luck boys :D)

No comments: