Thursday, February 13, 2014

REVIEW: Kitty Castle: Valentine

Kitty Castle: Valentines
By Celesta Thiessen

Genre: Children's, Holiday
Publication date: 1.27.2013
Pages: 17
Amazon link: Kitty Castle Valentines 

Date read: 2.10.2014
Recommended by: Read 2 Review

Summary :In this short story, it’s almost Valentine’s Day. Nightcat and the children are planning a Friendship Festival. But they find out that not all the dragons are gone! Will Nightcat be able to deliver the invitations in time? And who is the little green fellow?

My thoughts

I am a big kid at heart (probably why all the little ones think I'm the Coolest.Adult.Ever) - I color, watch cartoons, love playing hide-n-seek - and find all kinds of cool books to share.  If it's a kid book and it looks interesting - I'm there.  I had been looking at Kitty Castle: Halloween (considering getting it for next year) when I found out about an r2r for this book.  It's almost Valentine's Day - the little girls love cats - let's go.

I have to say - I was a little disappointed.  And I don't really look at these books from an adult's point of view (I don't nitpick the grammar or any of that jazz) - I try to enjoy it just like I would have when I was young (it's more enjoyable that way).  This one had kitties (yay!), dragons (double yay!) and even a leprechaun (YAY!).  And absolutely no pictures.  How sad.  This book could have been WAY better with pictures.  It would have kept their attention (and mind) a lot more - and the kids were a little ho-hum about the whole thing.

It was a cute story, though.  I give the author that.  But just not cute enough for the little ones and that's who it was written for.

I still might give the Halloween one a chance.  I don't know yet.

No comments: