Monday, February 3, 2014

REVIEW: Scorched

Scorched: A Leila Marx World Novella
By: Amber Garr

Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal
Publication date: 1.25.2014
Pages: 94

Read date: 2.1.2014
Recommended by: Read 2 Review

Summary: Everyone has their demons.

Before Conner Hoffman began his new life free of collecting souls for his demon father, he spent centuries fighting against his true nature. As a cambion with a conscience, guilt plagued his mind, while the sweet taste of souls satisfied more than just his incubus cravings.

A chance encounter with a beautiful harpy leads Conner down a road to his inevitable fate. Hunted for his unique heritage, he’s forced to embrace his demon side in order to defeat those determined to see him destroyed. With friends masquerading as enemies, trusting his instincts may mean sacrificing part of his humanity.

And that’s the very last thing Conner Hoffman wants to do.


My thoughts

I am part of the blog tour that this author is doing, starting this month, for a novel of hers.  A few days ago she contacted all of us to see if we would be willing to do a book promo for this book and offered a copy to read and review.  It sounded interesting so I jumped at the chance.  Now, this book is the prequel to Touching Evil and, even though I haven't read Touching Evil, I figured a prequel (which tells the back story of one of the characters) would be a great place to start.  I'm glad I did.  I really enjoyed Conner's character and his interaction with the vampires and the other "special guests" at the party the vampire couple were giving.  Watching his adventures over the many many years was really interesting.  I definitely want to know more and plan to continue the series.

No comments: