Saturday, April 5, 2014

REVIEW: Reconciled People: Stories

Reconciled People: Stories
By: Michael La Ronn

Genre: Contemporary Fiction, Short Stories
Publication date: 3.1.2014
Pages: 70
Amazon link: Reconciled People: Stories 

Date read: 4.5.2014
Recommended by: Read 2 Review

Summary: Life is full of challenges, and how we react to them determines who we really are. In these short stories, eleven people face unique challenges that are not always what they seem.

A Native American ignores his culture, and his ancestors inflict a hallucination upon him.  Two deer hunters find themselves scrambling after a hunting accident goes terribly wrong.  A woman looking for love on the internet goes on the craziest date of her life.  A father tries desperately to improve his spiritual relationship with his teenage son on the Las Vegas Strip—when someone unexpected shows up.

These, and many more. Will they reconcile their fears (and weaknesses) and rise to meet life’s challenges?


My thoughts

This is a book of short stories, each one focusing on a different group of people, and some with a lesson to be learned.  The more I read, the more I wanted to read more by this author (so much so that I signed up for the author's website, which gives you the opportunity to get one of his books for free).  Well written and enjoyable.  My favorites were Arrowhead (an American Indian is spontaneously asked to tell a story) and Staff Meeting (a chat room), but all of them were good and quite interesting.
 

2 comments:

taniekitty said...

This sounds like an interesting book. I'm going to add it to my TBR list.

Meghan H said...

Good!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)