Saturday, April 19, 2014

Zombie Housewives Blog Tour - Double Review

Zombie Housewives 1:
Zombie Housewives
By: Ami Blackwelder

Genre: Horror, Dark Fantasy
Publication date: 12.21.2013
Pages: 26
Amazon link:  Zombie Housewives

Date read: 4.18.2014
Recommended by: Read 2 Review

Summary: A dark comedy about being a housewife, about being married, and about being...a zombie. Full of angst --if you are a woman this is for you.  

My thoughts

Life - and marriage - isn't perfect, especially for these three women.  That night, when they were arguing with their husbands, neither could have foreseen the next day being much worse or how bad that "much worse" could be.

The description of the problems in each house were well written.  And pay attention - if you do, you may figure out what the cause is before the story tells you.

I found this story to be quite funny.  Don't know if I was supposed to, but I did.  It was a fun short read.  I want to say "cute," but that can't possibly be the right word for a zombie story, could it?

Zombie Housewives 2:
Zombie Models
By: Ami Blackwelder

Genre: Horror, Dark Fantasy
Publication date: 2.11.2014
Pages: 17
Amazon link:  Zombie Models

Date read: 4.18.2014

Summary: A dark comedy about what it means to be a beautiful monster.

My thoughts

Neither one of these lovely young ladies could have imagined what their day would end up being like as they headed to Excited Modeling on Lincoln Street that morning.

I actually thought this would be a separate story from the first and, while reading Zombie Housewives, I was racking my brain thinking of all the ways the models could turn into models: same brand of tainted makeup, hair spray, tanning lotion, etc.  Turns out it is a continuation, like a second chapter in a novel, but still good.  According to the book description on Amazon, this is a "stand-alone" novel, but I really don't feel like it is one because, without the first book ("chapter"), you have too many questions as you read through this one.

I'm actually curious to see how far this story can go and would like to see this series go further.

Note: I found this book on special one day and grabbed it up. 

No comments: