Saturday, May 3, 2014

Anonymous Comments

I love each and every one of you that visit my blog - whether this is your first time or you come very time I post something, the fact that you check out what I am saying really means a lot.  

I appreciate the people that feel the need to comment as well.  It's not a requirement, though I do love them, and I know that commenting isn't always an easy thing to do on blogs, especially since the comment section is not always conducive to a conversation.

Unfortunately I have had quite a few spam comments left by Anonymous people.  Some of the Anonymous comments have gone through (and they ended up being from people that I actually knew), while others have not gone through (one or two ended up being people I knew, but it is Blogger that is stopping them from going through).

Because of all of the spam, I have chosen to not allow any Anonymous comments to be posted on my blog.  I apologize to anyone who chooses to leave comments anonymously, but this just makes things a lot easier to deal with.

Thank you, again, everyone for stopping by The Gal. :)

2 comments:

Dale Furse said...

That's a good idea, Meghan. I had to stop a blog because of spam ages ago. All's been good since. Fingers crossed for you and all us bloggers. :)

Meghan H said...

Thanks, Dale. I'm glad it's not just me. I hate spam in all ways, shapes and forms and I really wish people would find better things to do with their time.

And, what's funny is, it is so obviously spam. They comment, as if they are giving me a compliment, but when it's on a review and it thanks me for all the information I have given, saying that they have been looking for this information for so long on the internet and haven't been able to find what I have offered.... *shrugs*

I like that Blogger sends me the message that I've received a comment, but doesn't post these. At least I don't have to go delete them myself, but I have been told by others that they tried to leave a comment and it didn't stick so I guess sometimes Blogger is a little too quick to delete. This way I don't have to deal with the problem at all. :)