Saturday, June 7, 2014

You, Me ... and a Cup of Tea with the Hopelessly Devoted Bibliophile


I know, I know … it's been awhile since I've done one of these and I apologize. When things get crazy, they get CRaZy!!
    Today we have with us Jessica, the Hopelessly Devoted Bibliophile. I was lucky enough to meet this gal on BookLikes and she is just awesome - hilarious, creative and gorgeous!! :)

Hey, Jessica. Thanks for joining us here on The Gal. My first question: Who are you?

Hi there! My name is Jessica, and I'm a bookaholic.

Tell us 5 random facts about yourself.

You asked for it! Five random facts it is: 1) I'm also a nail polish addict. 2) I collect teddy bears (What? They're fluffy!) 3) I was allergic to chocolate until I was 10. 4) I've been with my husband for 12 years, 10 of which we were dating! 5) I love meeting new people.

How long have you been blogging and how did you get started?

I've been blogging for over four years now! Man, that makes me feel old. Anyway, I stumbled upon the blogging universe on accident when looking for a publisher's review of a book. I decided I wanted a place like that of my own. So I made one!

What is your favorite spot to read?

Definitely in bed. I just love being all cozy under a blanket and devouring a good book. :)

What is the best book you've read this month (because anything longer is WAY too hard to choose :D)?

It's only the third of May as I type this, but so far my favorite book has been The Inventor's Secret by Andrea Cremer! It started off my month with a steampunk filled bang!

What is the worst book you've ever read?

Ack, that's a tough call. Mainly because I normally don't finish books I'm not totally in love with. I think L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad fits this bill though.

If you could be a fictional character in any book, who would you be and why?

I would definitely be Hermoine in Harry Potter! I mean, come on. She's smart, she's tough, she gets to use magic … what's not to love?

What is your favorite part of blogging?

My favorite part of blogging is interacting with other readers. Whether it's through a comment, or Twitter, I love meeting people who love books as much as I do!

What is your least favorite?

My least favorite part of blogging is managing my schedule. When I first started, it wasn't too bad because I only worked a part time job. Now I work full time, so it takes a lot of organizing to keep things going smoothly.

Which social media tool do you enjoy using the most and why?

BookLikes! If you asked me six months ago, I would have said Twitter. It's a blast to hang out with people over there. BookLikes quickly took that spot though. The group of people I've met there are AH-MAH-ZING.

If you could interview any author, who would it be?

I would LOVE to interview Barry Lyga. He's a YA author, and I've fallen in love with his Jasper Dent series. I don't think I'd be able to talk to him though. I'd probably just stutter.

Do you have any blogger words of wisdom?

Best piece of advice? Don't make blogging a job. If you need a break? Take a break. If you can only post three days a week? Only post three days a week! Don't let anyone make you feel bad for handling your blog the way that you need to :). Reading is fun, and blogging should be too!

Thanks for coming by, Jessica.  But before you go, one more thing: For those that aren't in the know, where can we find you?

You can find me at Hopelessly Devoted Bibliophile, which is my main blog!  you can also find me on BookLikes (where I chat MUCH MORE) at HDB on BookLikes, if you'd like!

2 comments:

EdwardLorn said...

Great interview, ladies. Enjoyed it. :)

Meghan H said...

Thank you, E :)