Wednesday, July 23, 2014

REVIEW: She's Out, I'm In

She's Out, I'm In
By: Toneal M Jackson & Dominique Wilkins

Genre: Relationships
Publication date: 12.22.2013
Pages: 98

Date read: 1.28.2014
Recommended by: Read 2 Review

Summary: Abuse. Blended Families. Communication. Money. Self-Esteem. Setting Boundaries. Trust.
What do they all have in common? Regardless of age, race, or economic status, these issues typically plague all relationships. The difference however, is the manner in which the situations are addressed, and ultimately resolved.

Encountered bumps in the road regarding your relationship? How did you handle it? Did you leave or did you stay? Still trying to decide exactly what to do? Your solution may be lurking inside...



I previously read a book by Dominique Wilkins as an r2r, then won a book by her (she included all kinds of author swag when she sent it to me, which I found pretty cool, to be honest), so when I saw that she co-authored a book and had it up for r2r, I decided to give it a go.  It's about relationships.  I'm sure I'll eventually be in one of those again (haha) and most likely will need all the help I can get (haha).

I found it to be a very interesting book.  Each of the seven relationship problems are split into two parts: a story of a couple up to their necks in the problem (written by Dominique) and relationship advice on that particular problem (written by Toneal).

The stories really made you feel the situations that each person was going through and the advice was well thought out.  They really have a good start here and their two parts went well together - I look forward to seeing what these two will come up with next.

No comments: