Monday, September 22, 2014

I love my author friends

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a little all over the place when it comes to book taste.  Hell, it's easier to say what I don't like then what I do like because, if it looks good and catches my attention, there's a good chance I'm going to give it a try sometime in the future.

I have authors I like, authors I love ... but I have never ever ever been one of those "fangirl" type ones that act like one of their favorite actors from Twilight just walked in the door - yuck!!  

I have to say, though, when I received a book in the mail the other day, I squeeee-ed.  *shakes head and sighs*  Yes, yes I did.  It was quite embarrassing - people WERE around to witness this.

You see, this book has not one autograph in it, but two.  Two of my favorite horror authors, brothers.

After speaking to one of them, I received a signed book in the mail - and boy is it beautiful.  But it wasn't quite right because it's a book full of both of their stories.  So I spent the less-than-$5 needed to ship it out to the other and now it is home and on the shelf where it belongs.  Right next to Jonathan Janz ... and in front of my Miss Piggy collection :)

Some of you have already seen these pictures because I talked them up on Facebook a bit, but the last picture is completely new to everyone, so keep reading :)


Isn't it beautiful?  Can you tell that this is the important shelf?  (My mom says it looks like an alter haha.)


The inside is just as pretty.  (My buddy who works in the office of my apartments is jealous and he's not even a reader.)

Later that evening, after I had pulled myself back together haha, I took apart the box that it came in so I could put it in the trash.  That's when I found something that was EVEN BETTER than what you've seen so far.  As an avid reader, it completely made my day.


Adam, you just don't realize how awesome you really are.  :)

BIG thanks to both of these guys.  If you don't know the Light Brothers, you should introduce yourselves.  Two of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet.  (Jonathan Janz is pretty freaking awesome too.)

No comments: