Tuesday, September 23, 2014

REVIEW: A Death in the Family

A Death in the Family
Jon Jefferson

Genre: Horror, Short Story
Publisher: 10th Day Publishing
Publication date: 2.26.2014
Pages: 34

Date read: 9.12.2014
Recommended by: The author
Amazon link: A Death in the Family

Summary: Ever had a bad day?  Maybe wake up late for work, or get stuck in traffic?
            Sam Marsden is having a bad day.  Late for work, stopped by a traffic accident, then to find out that her mother is in the hospital with terminal lung cancer.  Can her day get any worse?



After talking about another author on Facebook, calling his brand of horror a psychological thing, Jon told me that I should give one of his stories a try because he writes the same way.  I decided to give it a go and really enjoyed it.  It's definitely one that stays with you, creeping you out when you're by yourself and the lights are down low.  There are a couple of places I felt dragged a little and some important parts I felt like we breezed through, but I enjoyed the story as a whole and can't wait to read more of Jon's books.  (Thanks, Jon :D)

2 comments:

taniekitty said...

This sounds interesting. I'm going to add it to my TBR list on Goodreads.

Meghan H said...

Sweet!! I hope you enjoy it :)