Wednesday, October 22, 2014

REVIEW: Letters from Candy

Letters from Candy: 
A Horror Story
Gerard Harrison

Genre: Horror, Short Story
Publication date: 7.30.2014
Pages: 49

Date read: 10.20.2014

Summary: (from Amazon) This story doesn't have a synopsis because the author wishes for you to experience it with virgin eyes.  If you read the reviews you will see that this method has been effective.


This is a really good story, but I'm not really sure that I would define it as horror.  It is a pretty horrific event.  A very sad story.  And scary.  But not what I consider horror.  

The story is well written and emotionally charged.  I really felt for Candy, her mother Larissa and Beverly.  What all three of them went through is tragic, but if I say anymore, it will give away what you would be experiencing by reading this book.  I recommend this story, but not as a horror.

No comments: