Wednesday, November 5, 2014

REVIEW: The Montague Portrait

The Montague Portrait
Matt Drabble

Genre: Horror, Suspense
Publisher: Eden Publications
Publication date: 10.31.2014
Pages: 331

Recommended by: Sage's Blog Tours, Read 2 Review
Date read: 11.3.2014

Summary: Hugo Montague was a man of boundless cruelty that lived on beyond his mortal days.  The portrait that he commissioned has hung on many walls, but has always overseen tragedy and murder.
            The painting was long thought destroyed in a fire, but now there are those desperate to find the portrait if it still exists.
            Travis Parker was an insurance investigator, but now he is a widower trapped within his own pain and broken promises.  When he is approached by the mysterious Telfar Vargas to track downy he portrait, he reluctantly agrees to one last case.
            Charlotte Goode has a long personal history with the painting and will let nothing stand in her way to avenge her family.
            The race across Europe to find the painting soon comes littered with death as dark supernatural forces converge and threaten to consume those foolish enough to look.


I have several books on my Kindle written by Matt Drabble, but I haven't yet had the chance to sit down with one.  When Sage asked me if I would be interested in reading this book for a blog tour, I jumped at the chance, excited at my first Matt Drabble book.  It was not a disappointment.  In fact, this book had my attention from page one and I couldn't put it down.  The story of the painting itself was extremely interesting, but adding in everything else - and the adventure to find the painting in the present - was just plain amazing.  It was so good I didn't want it to end - and now I must go and read more.  Mr. Drabble - you have found yourself a fan.

No comments: