Monday, November 3, 2014

REVIEW: Once Upon a Crime

Once Upon a Crime
Evelyn Cullet

Genre: Mystery & Suspense, Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Wings ePress
Publication date: 9.1.2014
Pages: 265

Recommended by: Great Escapes Book Tours, Read 2 Review
Date read: 11.2.2014

Summary: Fleeing her life for a short break, Charlotte Ross, along with her best friend Jane Marshall, find themselves at her aunt's home in the sleepy town of Raven's Caw, Michigan.  Charlotte hopes to recover from a breakup with her fiancĂ©, and her friend Jane, a new mystery writer, is looking forward to somewhere relaxing.  But life has different plans for the two friends and they find themselves swept up in a whirlwind of romance, mystery and murder.


This is my first book by this author and I really enjoyed it.  The characters are great - I wanted to know more about both Charlotte and Jane, as well as the other characters, from the very beginning.  The mystery was a lot of fun to read.  The light romance mixed in wasn't actually too bad (I am not a fan of romance, but don't mind it when it's mixed in with things I do like) and didn't take away from the storyline.  In fact, I enjoyed this book so much that I plan to read more of this series.  I would definitely recommend this to people who like light mysteries.

1 comment:

Evelyn Cullet said...

Thank you so much for hosting me and my new novel on your blog, Meghan...and for the great book review. I hope you like my other novels as much as you liked Once Upon a Crime.