Monday, December 8, 2014

REVIEW: Shrink Rapt

Shrink Rapt
Freda Hansburg

Genre: Psychological Thriller
Publisher: Freda Hansburg
Publication date: 10.13.2014
Pages: 325

Recommended by: Sage's Blog Tours, Read 2 Review
Date read: 12.7.2014

Summary: Psychologist April Simon finds her career and life on the line after the murder of her arrogant department chairman.  When four of her patients, all subjects in the late psychiatrist's research, begin to violently unravel, April tries to solve the riddle of their transformation.  Her quest alarms the killer.  Will she be next?  The more she learns about her colleagues, the less she trusts them.  Who do you turn to when no one is what they seem?



I fell in love with this cover when I did a cover reveal for the author and was so excited to get the chance to read it for this blog tour.  The description and the mystery the cover eludes to just grabbed at my attention.  And the story ... captivated my attention from start to finish.  There are a lot of characters (all of which I found interesting in one way or another) and a lot going on so make sure you pay attention because everything that the author writes about is written about for a specific reason.  It was fun trying to see if I could figure out who was the bad guy, "collecting clues" (I had a teacher who told me once that everything she put on the board was for a reason and when I read stories, I think of her and wonder if the stuff that is pointed out - you know, the little things - are things she would have put on the board) and I like how the author gives you little pieces of information before they happen, which I found encouraged me more to let out my inner-Poirot.  An awesome book, one that could be in the running for favorite reads this year.  I recommend to anyone who is interested in mysteries and thrillers.




About the author:
Freda Hansburg is a psychologist who lives with her husband in New Jersey.  She is the co-author of the self-help books PeopleSmart and Working PeopleSmart.  Shrink Rapt is her first novel.



Freda is giving away one signed paperback of Shrink Rapt!!


a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments: