Friday, April 17, 2015

REVIEW: Gentle Steps on the Journey of a Healing Heart


Gentle Steps on the Journey
of a Healing Heart
Clara Penner

Genre: Personal Development, Self Help, Healing, Chronic Illness, Parenting
Publisher: BalboaPress
Publication date: 10.27.2011
Pages: 97

Recommended by: Sage's Blog Tours, Read 2 Review
Date read: 4.15.2015


I've said this before and I'll most likely say it again, but I have a fascination with self-help books.  I know that there are some that are just the same thing with different covers, but I always feel like I can learn at least a little bit from each author and the story that they share.

This self help book is a little different.  Clara shares the story of her son, who was born with hemophilia, and the journey that her and her family went through because of this.  She also shares how she (and the others) began to heal.  It is a beautiful story, very sad, but the way the author tells it is just amazing.  She is such a strong woman, very brave.

At the end of each chapter, she talks to you about some of the things that they learned, and gives you some exercises to help you begin to heal from whatever you are going through as well.  What I liked most about this is that you didn't have to be going through the same journey to understand where she was coming from and what she was trying to teach you.  In fact, she encourages you on almost every page to go through whatever journey YOU need to go through.  And she does so in a beautiful and very caring way, as if she is a close friend of yours who wants to see you living a happy life.

I think this is a good book for anyone who is trying to get a little more insight into themselves.  The exercises seem very easy, but once you get answering the questions, and really thinking about them, you realize that they are not as easy as they seem.  Great work, Clara.  I enjoyed this book immensely.  


About the book:
In Gentle Steps on the Journey of a Healing Heart: Living Joyfully through Rocky Times, author Clara Penner shares her family's story of their journey to healing their hearts when their family is faced with the news that their newborn son is affected with severe hemophilia.  As their world is dramatically changed with this new unknown future, she must navigate a new path and overcome her fears of the unknown.
            Penner describes her family's roller coaster of emotions when faced with the realities of chronic illness, as well as the ways that each person overcame this helpless feeling.  Capturing stories of the challenges each family member experienced and the steps to their healing, she shares the amazing triumphs of the human spirit and explores how each of us has the power within to shape our destiny.  Transform from just surviving life to living it, loving it, and becoming a part of it!  Penner shares the steps her family discovered for everyone to use in their own journey:

Validate the rush of emotions in creative ways.
Evaluate your belief system.
Create a more purposeful life.
Align your life to reach your goals.
Discover the authentic you.
Experience the pure love of family.
Accept the power of you and enjoy the journey of your life.


About the author:
It's me Clara Penner.  Author & Blogger.  Here is the scoop on me ...

I am the wife of one, mom of two kids (one boy, one girl, two dogs, and one cat).
            I love to explore energetic vibration, which would explain why my chosen career is to assist other lovely creators to live life by choice not chance so they can climb up on the energetic vibration scale and create an abundant life full of greatness.
            I also get to share all of the GREAT info I have learned over the past 12 years of learning how to use my emotions to propel me forward and not drag me under with all of my emotional surfing community over at my blog or on social media.
            My hobbies are meditation, writing, hanging out in nature with my four legged friends, camping, reading, and I love watching a great movie but truth be told it's the popcorn that lures me in every time.

That is a quick preview of me but who knows what great treasures are still to unfold in this adventure called life.

No comments: