Monday, June 15, 2015

REVIEW: Knightswrath


The Dragonkin Trilogy 2:
Knightswrath
By: Michael Meyerhofer

Genre: Epic Fantasy, Sword & Sorcery
Publisher: Red Adept Publishing
Publication date: 5.26.2015
Pages: 396

Recommended by: Red Adept Publishing, Read 2 Review
Date read: 6.13.2015


If I thought I was impressed with Wytchfire, I was surely wrong.  Nothing (not even my imagination anticipating this book) could have prepared me for what I read ... or how much I was going to love it.

Rowen Locke is a pretty amazing character.  When I originally "met" him in the first book, he captured my heart, even though, based on Meyerhofer's description, he was really nothing to look at, had nothing to his name, and was not looking forward to his future.  But, as the story went on, we found out just how much of a hero he truly was.  By the time I finished Wytchfire, Rowen was my favorite character and I couldn't wait to read more about him.  By the time I finished Knightswrath, I had come to the conclusion that Rowen may just be one of my favorite characters of all time.  There's just something about him.  He always manages to go beyond what you expect of him.

This book was amazing, and if I could give it more than 5 stars, I would.  I can't wait to see where this story goes and how the trilogy is concluded.  Hurry up, Mr. Meyerhofer.  I NEED book number three. :)


About the book:
Rowen Locke has achieved his dream of becoming a Knight of the Crane, and he now bears Knightswrath, the legendary sword of Fayu Jinn.  But the land remains torn, and though Rowen suffers doubts, he would see it healed.  His knightly order is not what it seems, though, and allies remain thin.  When Rowan and his friends seek an alliance with the forest-dwelling Sylvs, a tangle of events results in a midnight duel that teaches Rowen a dangerous lesson and leaves him with a new companion of uncertain loyalties.
            The sadistic Dhargots still threaten the kingdoms, but another menace lurks in the shadows, playing a game none can see. As Rowen struggles to prove his worth - to his allies and to himself - chaos raises its hand to strike.  A price must be paid, and not even the wielder of Knightswrath will remain untouched.


About the author:
Michael Meyerhofer grew up in Iowa where he learned to cope with the unbridled excitement of the Midwest by reading books and not getting his hopes up.  Probably due to his father's influence, he developed a fondness for Star Trek, weight lifting, and collecting medieval weapons.  He is also addicted to caffeine and the History Channel.
            His fourth poetry book, What To Do If You're Buried Alive, was recently published by Split Lip Press.  He also serves as the Poetry Editor of Atticus Review.  His poetry and prose have appeared in Asimov's Science Fiction MagazineBrevityPloughsharesHayden's Ferry ReviewRattle, and many other journals.  He and his fiance currently live in Fresno, California, in a little house beside a very large cactus.

1 comment:

Good Tales Book Tours said...

Hi!

Thank you so much for hosting today! We sure do appreciate your support!

Laurie Starkey
Good Tales Book Tours