Monday, June 15, 2015

REVIEW: The Worrier's Guide


The Worrier's Guide to Life
By: Gemma Correll

Genre: Emotions, Anxieties & Phobias, Women, Humor, Cartoons
Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing
Publication date: 5.26.2015
Pages: 112

Recommended by: NetGalley, Read 2 Review
Date read: 5.15.2015


Gemma Correll draws witty, sometimes snarky, cartoons about the things that go on in a women's head, especially a woman that is a worrier (like me).  She pokes fun at the emotional - and sometimes just plain silly - things that we do.  Some of them I found cute, some of them made me smirk, but others made me laugh out loud, guffaw even.  Quite a few are definitely things that I do.  She definitely has some talent and I look forward to checking out more of her work.

I decided to include my two favorites, the ones that hit home the most, that stuck out in my mind long after I was done reading the book:



About the book:
If you've floundered in life, striking out in love, struggling to pay the rent, and worried about it all - you're in luck!  World Champion Worrier and Expert Insomniac Gemma Correll is here to assure you that it could be much, much worse.
            In her hugely popular comic drawings, Gemma Correll dispenses dubious advice and unreliable information on life as she sees it, including The Dystopian Zodiac, Reward Stickers for Grown-Ups, Palm Reading for Millennials, and a Map of the Introvert's Heart.  For all you fellow agonizers, fritters and nervous wrecks, this book is for you.  Read it and weep ... with laughter.


2 comments:

taniekitty said...

This sounds like a funny book. That Wheel of Insomnia pretty much sums up my life.

Meghan H said...

Mine too!! I enjoyed it, but I did read other reviews from people who did not like it as much. Maybe her and I just have the same kind of humor. *shrugs*