Thursday, August 20, 2015

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: James Terzian


The Gal in the Blue Mask:
Hi, James.  Welcome to The Gal.  Tell us a little bit about yourself.

James Terzian:
I am a 28 year old male born in Ukraine and diagnosed with a writing disability.  I live in the Greater Washington/Maryland area.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
What are five things most people don't know about you?

James Terzian:
They know a lot about me.  I can't think of anything.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
What is the first book you remember reading?

James Terzian:
Dr. Seuss book.  Green Eggs and Ham.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
What are you reading now?

James Terzian:
Work by local authors.  Right now rereading The Lone Werewolf by Tim Forder.  

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
What made you decide you want to write?  When did you begin writing?

James Terzian:
College class.  They wanted me to write a story and I enjoyed it.  I wrote a small historical story about the Bataan Death March during World War II.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
Do you have a special place you like to write?

James Terzian:
Man Cave, my room.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
Do you have any quirks or processes that you go through when you write?

James Terzian:
I always try to have the ending in mind when I begin writing.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
What books have most inspired you?

James Terzian:
Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Manga.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
Is there anything about writing you find most challenging?

James Terzian:
Putting your idea down on paper.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
What do you think makes a good story?

James Terzian:
Characters, how deep and likable, plot, how much time is invested in it.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
Which, of all your characters, do you think is the most like you?

James Terzian:
Yuan, one of the masters.  He is kind of lazy, but will be serious when the world is at stake and will fight his hardest.  I am a jokester, but when stuff happens, it is all business.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
Why did you pick your particular genre?

James Terzian:
I just like the genre.  I love anime and I like to read martial art novels and watching movies.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
What makes your books different from others out there in this genre?

James Terzian:
Just the amount of fighting style that are in the book.  The book has around 10 different styles.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
What is in your "trunk"?  (Everyone has a book or project, which doesn't necessarily have to be book related, that they have put aside for a 'rainy day' or for when they have extra time.  Do you have one?)

James Terzian:
I am trying to do a short spin off story based off the Master of my book and their early years.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
What can we expect from you in the future?

James Terzian:
I am working on a third book and some short novellas.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
Thanks for stopping by, James.  It's been great having you :)


No comments: