Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Hyde 'N' Seek Editing Does Black Friday


Every year, around this time, I sit down to think about what has happened in my life over the past year - what needs to be changed, what needs to be added, and what I am most thankful for. 
            Like so many others in this world, the new year brings for me resolutions and goals, not just in my personal life, but in my business life as well.
            This year a lot of changes were made - hard decisions and choices, but all necessary - and I found out, in my darkest times, that I can succeed, and that I can make my life better.  The end of this year has begun a new life for me, and my look at my future is different than it has been in a very long time.

Two of my biggest things that I want to work towards in 2016 are:

1) Making The Gal in the Blue Mask a "household name."  Maybe not to that extreme, but I would like to get out there a little bit more, and build it beyond just more book reviews.
            I want to create more relationships with authors that I haven't met yet, and build my relationships with authors that I know.  I want to do a lot more interviews, and showcase several more short stories (like I did for Halloween this year).  I have big plans and you'll be hearing more about those after the beginning of the year.

2) Grow Hyde 'N' Seek Editing.  This year has been a good year for my editing business, and I've had the pleasure of working with several authors and to be part of some great projects.  I really would like to add some more authors to my client list, and for a very selfish reason: I enjoy doing it and editing brings me a happiness that I can't even explain in words.
            This is how I think about the whole thing: I want to be part of the team that helps make your book the best it can be.  I want to help you organize your thoughts, tell your story, and share it with your readers, all while helping you to keep your voice.  Whether I come in at the end, after you've edited it several times and only need to get a second opinion, or come in at the beginning, either while you're writing your story or right after, my job is the same.  And I do it because I love doing it, and because I want to help authors.  I have a natural eye for it, and have been told several times that I catch things others miss.  I go above and beyond because that's how I believe we should be in life.

I've been putting a lot of thought into this and, as a way of celebrating the end of 2015 - as a way to say thank you to all the authors who have believed in me, and an encouragement for everyone holding on to a manuscript to accomplish their GOALS and their DREAMS - I am giving 15% off of every editing project until midnight New Year's Eve.

"Darn, but I don't have my manuscript completed yet.  Shucks!  What am I going to do?"

Good question.  The editing project does not have to be completed by that date.  Heck, it doesn't even have to be started by that date.  What needs to be completed is the contract signing and payment.  So... even if your book isn't going to be ready for me until February or after, you can get all of this taken care of before the end of the year, get the project completion dates you are looking for, get your 15% discount, AND be able to use it on your taxes in April.

I mentioned earlier the things I am thankful for.  Hyde 'N' Seek Editing is one of those things.  Since this is the month of Thanksgiving, a time when we were are supposed to remember and celebrate those things, I decided to do a "Black Friday Sale" of my own.

From NOW until midnight THANKSGIVING, instead of charging $0.009 a word, I will be charging $0.006 a word.  Think about it like this:  Your manuscript is 100,000 words.  When you bring this to me, it would cost you $900 (which is actually quite good).  BUT - until midnight Thanksgiving Day, that 100,000 manuscript edit will be $600.  That's a savings of $300!!

Send me an email or contact me on Facebook (Hyde 'N' Seek's FB Page) and we can discuss your project further.

Remember:
15% off all editing projects until the end of 2015
or, for those of y'all that want to save a bunch of money,
$0.006 a word until midnight Thanksgiving Day!

No comments: