Sunday, July 24, 2016

CaLLiNG aLL...

Last year, The Gal's 31 Days of Horror was more amazing than I could have imagined. There's just one problem with such awesomeness.  How do I top it this year?

How does 62 Days of Horror sound to you?

(I can't even describe what that thought does to me.)

October will be all about horror and dark fantasy authors.  Haven't been interviewed on The Gal?  (Or have my questions sitting in your Inbox, but haven't had a chance to get to them yet?)  Now's your chance!  Contact me (leave a comment, message me on Facebook or Instagram or Twitter, email me... heck you can even text me) and I'll get the questions sent over to you ASAP.  
            Questions a little too constricting for you?  Or you're thinking 'Dangit, I've already been on.'  You are more than welcome to just write a guest post about the awesomeness that is you.  And don't forget to tell us a little something about the books you've written that you think we should take a look at.
            Have a book coming out in October?  (Or anytime really.)  I want to know all about it.  Talk to me about a Release Day Spotlight (these are free all year round).

I know what you're thinking - that I've forgotten how to count, huh?  You're like, 'Meghan, I hate to break this to you, but that's... that's only 31 days.'

Hear me out.

I've mentioned an idea a couple of times, and to be honest, at first it was just a joke, but when people told me of their interest (and one awesome author already sent me something over), that idea became complete reality.

I'm a huge fan of Christmas - one of my three favorite holidays - even if I'm the only one who considers my birthday one - but I am damn tired of it taking over my Halloween month.  Payback is a...

THIS December, WE are fighting back!!


December will be a month of original horror short stories, all inspired by Christmas (or winter, if that's the way your story ends up taking you).  The scarier, the better.  There is no specific length requirements and I'm open to all ideas - just contact me, let me know you're interested, and share with me what you're thinking (or you can be like some of the authors from last year and keep me just as surprised about your idea as everyone else).

This is open to ALL horror and dark fiction authors, so if you're not one, but know one that would be interested, let them know about this.
            Wait, what?  You're not a horror or dark fiction author, but would like to give this a try?  You are welcome to join us - the more the merrier.  (That goes to writers who have not had anything of there's published AND authors of other genres.)

No comments: