Wednesday, September 14, 2016

REVIEW: A Cheesehead Devotional


The Cheesehead Devotional:
Daily Meditations for Packer Fans
By: Judy DuCharme

Genre: Football, Christian Living, Devotionals
Publisher: Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas
Publication date: 6.13.2016
Pages: 108

Recommended by: Paige from Electively Paige, Read to Review, Blog Tour
Date read: 9.14.2016


I am a huge Packers fan and enjoy reading devotionals, so when I was asked if I would be interested in this blog tour, I went ahead and said yes.

I usually like to read one devotional a day so that I have time to think on the subject matter and work to add that into my life, but this was a last minute thing and I sat down to read it in one sitting.

The book is a light read, but has some substantial information in it.  Each chapter is short (two to three pages), beginning with a story about the Packers, and then adding information on the subject in an easy to read manner, helping you to take a look at your life and live in a way that God would want you to.

I like how the author incorporated the stories into the subject and how she explained each thing in a way that is easy to understand, plus the fact that each chapter ends with a small prayer.

Throughout the book, though, I wondered how the two go together.  Yes, Reggie White - as well as the rest of the Packers - have always been religious, but it seemed like an odd thing to mix together, football and prayer.  As I continued reading, though, I was reminded of just how much, when I was growing up, the two were combined, and was glad to see that prayer had not been forgotten in football.

It was a good book, one I plan to go back and take a look at as I make some of these a part of my life.


About the book:
"The Cheesehead Devotional is a great adventure for those who may not pick up a Bible for guidance." ~ Dara White, wife of the late Reggie White

Sometimes humorous and sometimes serious, Judy DuCharme shows us that walking with God is as fun as watching a Packer game.  By combining the love of football with insights from the Word of God, readers will find this book fun, inspirational, and even life-changing.

"I have always believed the Packers were religions in these parts.  The Cheesehead Devotional brings that spiritual message to life." ~Wayne Larrivee, American sportscaster and current play-by-play announcer for the Green Bay Packers

"I am certain you will love this little book.  Judy has captured the true heart of a Christian Packer fan!" ~Rev. Arni Jacobson

"A witty, uplifting and truthful approach that all Packers fans will appreciate.  It's definitely a must read for all Cheeseheads." ~Joy Lang, owner of Jerry's Flowers

"Family, Our Faith and The Green Bay Packers.  Judy has captured the true meaning of our Lord being in our daily lives, not only on the football field but in everything we do.  This book is very inspirational as well as being educational.  I highly recommend it to all Green Bay Packer fans young and old.  GO PACK, GO." ~Bonita Favre (Brett's mom)

About  the author:
Judy loves the Lord and loves her Packers.    She became a Packer fan in 1984.  In The Cheesehead Devotional, she uses Packer events to lead readers into God's presence.
SaveSave

No comments: